A Piece Of Advice For Choosing Powerful Essay Topics
When choosing powerful essay topics, there is a list of things you should consider that would actually make your essay topics more powerful and they are as follows:
ONE: Outline/Brainstorm your topic.
TWO: How important is my topic to the public (or specific audience)?
THREE: How important is my topic to me?
FOUR: Originality is also another consideration to make.
FIVE: How diverse is my topic?
Now let’s discuss all of these steps in more details:
- Outline/Brainstorm your topic. This will allow you to think deeply into the topic therefore taking out bits and pieces of different aspects to incorporate into your paper. This will easily increase how much research and information you can actually put into the paper. You never know, your first topic that comes to you doesn’t always have to be the perfect one and you will see why when you brainstorm for yourself.
- How important is my topic to the public (or specific audience)? When considering how important your topic is, you should ask questions like: How does my topic effect or relate to the general public? This provides an appeal that will make your paper stand out. The bigger the topic is, as far as how many people can relate to it, the more powerful your paper will be.
- How important is my topic to me? Not only do you want your topic to appeal to your audience, you also want the topic to appeal to yourself. In other words, how important is this topic to you personally? Having a passion for a specific topic will only increase its power. You would show far more interest in your topic through your style of writing. So make sure it appeals to you as well!
- Originality is also another consideration to make. Your topic should have a large audience but don’t make it a topic that numerous people in your class would also consider right away. Originality really stands out and an original essay topic will result in an original paper.
- How diverse is my topic? Your topic should be a powerful enough topic to have numerous aspects of it written in your paper. Some topics offer a low variety of information to actually be researched and be written about. Be on the look out for this and you should figure out how much you can actually write about that specific topic. Allowing you to write just the perfect amount is the perfect topic and that’s what you should be seeking when searching for a powerful essay topic.